Love koji express but your wallet doesn’t?
You need to try this recipe. You will not be able to tell a difference between this and take out. guaranteed!
Koji Express Copy Cat Beef & Broccoli Lo Mein
Big fan of koji express but your wallet isn't?Make your own beef & broccoli lo mein with this copy cat recipe!So save yourself the trip and the money, this recipe is a keeper!
- large skillet
- Sharp knife
- Pot for boiling
- Optional garlic press
- Cutting board
- 1/2 lb roast meat (flank or skirt steak would also work well!)
- 1-2 medium Carrots shredded
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into florets
- 1/2 package lo mein noodles
- 2 Tbsp hoisen sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce OR liquid aminos
- 2 tsp sesame oil (plus 1/2 – 1 tsp for cooking beef)
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Bring a pot of purified water to a boil- add in noodles and broccoli florets
- cook for 5-7 minutes
- Shred carrots and set aside
- heat large skillet over medium heat
- chop beef into thin strips and add to skillet. cook until no longer pink.
- add minced garlic & carrots to skillet with the beef. Cook for one more minute.
- while it cooks, combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- drain broccoli & noodles & add to skillet.
- Pour the sauce on top and mix until incorporated